Fresh Air For Better Health
Fresher Air for Better Health
The facts are indisputable. Improving your home’s air quality means improving your family’s health, and workplaces with improved air quality will become happier, healthier and far more productive.
If you live in the San Diego area and are anxious to experience the benefits that come with breathing fresh, clean air every single day, contact Aairco Air Conditioning and Heating we will work with you to make your desire a reality.
And don’t forget to follow our blog for more amazing information about HVAC technology and air quality management.
Indoor air contamination is a stealthy predator. It is making millions of people sick and most have no idea what is going on.
Poor indoor air quality has been identified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as one of its three most significant health concerns, which shows just how serious the situation is.
The Health Effects of Indoor Air Contamination
Have you, your family members or your co-workers reported any of the following symptoms of illness?
- Constant nasal or bronchial congestion
- Irritation of the eyes, nose, skin and/or throat
- “Mock” flu (symptoms that imitate the flu but without an actual diagnosis)
If so, it could be a sign the air you breathe indoors has been contaminated.
Potential sources of indoor air contamination are many: household or commercial cleaning products, outdoor air pollution, nearby highways, factories or industrial farms, dust and dirt kicked up by normal air conditioner/furnace operations, pet dander, microbial agents like bacteria, mold or fungus spores floating in the air, garage fumes leaking in … the list goes on and on.
And if your ventilation is poor the situation will be even worse. In fact even low levels of indoor air contamination can cause health problems, if air flow through doors, windows and vents is restricted or if HVAC filters are clogged and not able to function as they normally would.
A Blueprint for Action
Even if outbreaks of illness haven’t occurred yet, they may soon if you don’t take steps to reduce indoor air contamination in your home or place of business.
To effectively manage your indoor air quality, you should:
- Clean the house thoroughly, from top to bottom and everywhere in between, at least twice each year.
- Add windows, doors, vents and fans of any and all types to improve your ventilation. Whole-house fans are especially useful for this purpose.
- Have your HVAC system professionally cleaned every six months and change your HVAC air filter every other month at minimum. Be sure to buy filters with a MERV rating of 11 or higher, to make sure the smallest airborne particles are filtered out.
- Incorporate a UV lamp into your HVAC system. It will kill bacteria, mold and fungi spores that can easily spread through your ductwork.
- Purchase one or two air quality enhancement products and place them in rooms where air quality is most compromised.
If you reside in our service area, we’re pleased to tell you Aairco air Conditioning & Heating is an authorized dealer of air quality products, including ventilators, electronic air cleaners, air purifiers, humidifiers and the aforementioned UV lamps. Aairco is the most respected name in the business and we are proud to offer terrific products to our customers.