What if SDG&E Red Tag’s my furnace?
Did you know the electric company SDG&E will come to your home and perform a free safety inspection of your gas run appliances, including your home furnace.
Here are some of the things that SDG&E looks for when performing a safety inspection:
- Gas Leaks
- Damper Clamps in gas-supplied fireplaces
- Sealant around the base of furnaces
- Rigid aluminum gas supply lines (furnaces or water heaters)
- Brass gas flex lines (recalled due to cracking)
- Gas flex lines that pass through the housing of a furnace (abrasion)
- Rusted gas pipes (at fire pits, outdoor BBQ)
- Water valves used on gas pipes
- Holes in the drywall around furnaces and water heaters
- Certain Horizontal Furnaces
- Any appliance releasing too much CO
- Stacked or multiple gas fitting adapters (at clothes dryers, ranges, etc)
- Furnace and water heater flues with improper slope
- Improper water heater strapping
- Gas lines that have been split for additional appliances (clothes dryers)
- Improper gas supply to new Tankless Water heater installations
These are items that pose a hazard to the occupants of the home. Hazards may include fire, Carbon Monoxide, or electrical problems. If SDG&E “red-tags” one or more of your appliances, they may shut off the gas (and lock the meter) or simply disconnect an appliance. This can be quite a nuisance if it is a water heater or furnace.
But what do you do if they find that there is a problem?
Give us a call Aairco Air Conditioning & Heating. We offer free estimates for furnace and heating systems.
Our qualified technicians will provide you with most affordable solution to get your heat restored in the shortest amount of time.
Call us Today to book your free estimate 619-697-6077